Occupational Health Support Worker
Based in Peterlee an Occupational Health Support is required on a 12 month contract basis to work for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel engines.
This is an great opportunity to join a leading edge and exciting programme of work.
- The post holder will be responsible for health surveillance clinics including testing spirometry, audiometry and vision.
- The role may expand to involve blood pressure monitoring, and urine testing. This role will involve working on your own initiative and may include site visits.
- You will be required to provide accurate written, electronic and verbal reports observing confidentiality at all times.
- Provision of health screening and health surveillance program. Including maintenance of equipment and calibration.
- Recording and maintaining clear, concise medical records, ensuring their safe storage and confidentiality. Working within strict protocols and procedures and in line with GDPR 2018.
- Input, store and provide data and information
- Must adhere to Health, Safety, Environment , IT and Quality responsibilities in line with the Companies ISO obligations.
- Maintain high professional standards at all times.
- Contribute to own personal development and offer suggestions for improving services.
- Act in ways that support equality and value diversity
- Contribute to promoting health and wellbeing.
- Health Care Assistance experience or similar
- Experience of client/patient contact
- Demonstrates an understanding of the needs of the client and the role of the OHT
- Willing to develop clinical skills relevant to the role
- Ability to effectively communicate collated data to colleagues
- Communicate effectively by telephone, e-mail and group discussion
- Possess good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a high client turnover
- To be able to work independently
- Must be able to perform site visits when required
- Participate in the care, cleaning and calibration of equipment
- Manual dexterity and manipulation skills
- Ability to employ simple medical equipment e.g. spirometer
- Fitness for role within the manual handling policy
Please note you'll have to operate via an umbrella company or PAYE.
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website
Outsource - taking care of everything