Based in Barrow a Principal Operability Engineer is required on a 6 month contract basis to work for a major defence client.
This is an great opportunity to join a leading edge and exciting programme of work which does offer an excellent working environment.
You will represent the Operability Team at design reviews and support the design teams using your experience as an ex-submariner to provide subject matter expertise relevant to your submarine trade.
You will also have a responsibility for review and assessment of Operating Documentation (EOPs, SOPs and ABs) and their integration into the Ship Safety Case.
You will assist the Engineering Manager - Operability to help ensure that the submarine design accommodates features that will safely, effectively and efficiently deliver a future class of Submarine operable by a specified number of SQEP crew in accordance with authorised operating documentation.
- Ensure all Operability Assessment deliverables are produced on time and provide specialist Operability support for associated safety activities (Hazard Identifications, HAZOPs, ALARP Optioneering etc.) ensuring that tasks are completed to time.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the Product Safety team in support of the Ship Safety Case.
- Provide specialist support related to your primary role as requested by the OPDOC Production Authority in support of OPDOC derivation and verification.
- Ensure attendance at or be suitably represented at Major Area integration reviews to ensure the design meets the functional objectives and requirements relating to your primary role.
- Harness the Operability Group resources to undertake the activities that will supply the Operability acceptance evidence deliverables (design reviews, system operability assessments, operability reports)
- Attend or be suitably represented at all related design management meetings and reviews (MATS, MAITS and SITS) as required and requested by the respective team managers.
- Review design changes with respect to their impact on delivering your primary role objectives, commenting as appropriate.
- Ensure that effective measures are taken to support timely identification and rapid closure of operability issues emerging from all product stages that relate to your primary role.
- Be competent in complex report writing using a structured presentation of information. Be competent in reviewing other reports and advising the author on improvements.
- Produce policy documents when required within your area of responsibility.
- Ex-Submarine Engineer with extensive knowledge and supervisory experience of Submarine Ship systems/Propulsion systems/Power generation and distribution.
- Management experience within a submarine engineering environment.(Cat A, SCOOW)
- Knowledge of Product Safety, Submarine HAZID, HAZOP, LHI and ALARP.
- Submarine Operating documentation derivation and verification.
- Astute experience desirable.
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website
Outsource - taking care of everything