As a Warehouse Operations Manager you will oversee the efficient receipt, storage and dispatch of our goods. You will be responsible for a vital part of the supply chain process, managing people, processes and systems in order to ensure goods are received and dispatched safely and efficiently, and that productivity targets are met. The ideal candidate must be driven and want progression throughout.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all warehouse operations, inbound, outbound and reverse flow.
- Oversee warehouse Health and Safety compliance.
- Direct warehouse Group Audit compliance.
- Govern warehouse costs within budget and forecast levels.
- Manage warehouse reports weekly, investigate reasons for variances and to instigate corrective action where necessary
- Plan effectively for flexing of resources to account for fluctuations and seasonality
- Assist in recruitment of temps, temporary to permanent and permanent employees to meet budget and forecast requirements
- Proactively manage all absence and retention of staff
- Coach and mentor staff, giving regular formal and informal feedback
- Ensure a high level of compliance to WMS processes
- Deal with all warehouse disciplinary issues in line with company policy
- Liaise with other business functions and builds relationships with retail stores
- Communicate appropriately with the warehouse team to keep them up to date with business plans and performance
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives within the warehouse
- Cover for other Regional Logistics Manager in their absence on other sites
- The Operations Manager will also be expected to act up for management to cover leave and absence.
- Coach, manage and develop warehouse leaders to optimise performance and meet targets and deadlines
- Communicate with warehouse staff on a regular basis to make them aware of priorities, targets and operational requirements
- Ensure effective warehouse and distribution operations by implementing department policies and procedures
- Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess on-going performance of direct reports
- Senior management experience
- Finance Experience
- Experience in cost/ Revenue and invoicing
- Health and Safety qualification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of Warehouse processes and procedures
- Excellent people management skills
- Experience of Warehouse Management Systems
- Passionate about delivering great customer service
- Hard working and conscientious
- Can lead a team and work within a team
- Proven management skills with the ability to optimise team performance and development
- Highly developed inter-personal and communication skills coupled with the ability to negotiate and influence at all levels within the business
- Ability to build, lead and motivate a skilled team able to meet objectives and agreed targets
- Good IT skills, in particular spreadsheets and databases and a knowledge of warehouse systems
- Analytical and numerical
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent attention to detail skills
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree preferred, HND, BTec Professional Level 5 Award or equivalent NVQ Level 5 qualifications.
- Demonstrable experience of running a warehouse, preferably in the automotive industry
- Previous management experience with the ability to manage and motivate others
- Previous experience of inventory control
- A full understanding of the requirements of running a warehouse, such as health and safety and security requirements to include certification of dangerous goods handling and aviation security
- A warehouse or distribution qualification would be advantageous
- Knowledge and understanding of lean techniques may be advantageous
- Forklift Truck licence may be required
Professional membership of an industry related body would be advantageous
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk