Oracle Database Administrator - Inside IR35
Based in Exeter (Working from home until further notice) an Oracle Database Administrator is required on a contract basis to support and migrate Oracle and Postgres DBs to exacting timelines with good quality. Documenting steps undertaken to achieve the successful migration.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Help prepare and support a plan and schedule to migrate many Oracle and Postgres DBs to later versions
- Migrate DBs across all tiers (development/test/production) to latest versions, working closely with the support teams and service owners that manage the services hosted. Work proactively to close down issues within a strict Change Management protocol.
- Record issues and share lessons learnt to follow on migrations through careful management of procedures including peer reviews and RCAs. Emphasis is on team working, ensuring migrations are smooth and without issue and knowledge transfer is successfully accomplished.
Skills and experience required:
- Have 3 or more years of Oracle 3L DBA experience including a strong knowledge and experience of Oracle 12C and 19C, patching and life cycling. Additionally, knowledge of Postgres is a clear advantage.
- Significant and demonstrable experience of supporting large scale mission critical systems.
- Demonstrable migration experience for Oracle and to a lesser extent Postgres
- Must have an ability to investigate and resolve service affecting issues, providing RCA's and making contributions to wash up calls.
- Immediate availability
- Great team-working skills and, when appropriate, the ability to work to your own initiative. Ability to forge working relationships with other teams at every level as non-siloed working is essential for the success of the project
- An ability to work to demanding timescales.
- Capacity to produce documentation to support installation and troubleshooting for experienced and junior staff to follow, together with enthusiasm for "show and tell".
- Both Oracle and Postgres skills are required but an extensive knowledge of Oracle DB software is the key driver for the work. Having both skills in both areas is a distinct advantage.
- Willingness to be available out of hours for support call resolution
Please note this role is inside IR35 and candidates will not be able to work through a Limited Company.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please click 'Apply' and Outsource UK will be in touch.