Oracle DBA - Exadata - Linux
Based in Glasgow (working from home until further notice) an Oracle DBA is required on a contract basis to work with project teams to deliver tasks by various deadlines as required to ensure projects are always supported in meeting their objectives alongside giving consideration to service at all times.
Candidates will need to work through an Umbrella company for this role.
- Support and problem solve on all live production databases.
- Keep knowledge current with Oracle Database Technologies including Exadata and the related migrations methods and processes involved in the support of an Exadata appliance.
- Supporting live service through proactive identification of risk, swift resolution of live issues and proposing appropriate fixes/improvements for future.
- Working closely with Infrastructure Designers and Project Managers to ensure solutions meet the organisation's strategic needs Collaborating with internal and external parties in order to provide excellent customer service Improving processes through process automation, innovation and continuous improvement.
Skills and experience required:
- A strong understanding and experience supporting Oracle (11g, 12c and 19) databases.
- Production support experience of Oracle databases
- Experience in migrating Oracle databases to platforms such as Exadata (On -Prem)
- Strong understanding of Oracle Data Guard operations ITIL Service Management awareness (Change & Problem Management processes)
- Strong Experience in Oracle RMAN backup and Recovery Experience of Oracle RAC with ASM Experience with TDE (Transparent Data Encryption)
- Experience with Golden Gate
- Experience of using Oracle Cloud Control Scripting skills in regards to database operations Real Application Testing (RAT)
- Experience Oracle Linux, Linux, AIX, and Solaris Operating System experience Oracle Tuning and Optimisation skills.
- A positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong technical expertise and decision-making skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and take responsibility for team deliverables
- Clear evidence of ability to prioritise multiple activities in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and Willingness to share knowledge with other team members
- Experience in working with Exadata
If you would like to be considered for this role please click apply and Outsource UK will be in touch.