We are currently working with a reputable bank based in Edinburgh that has an exciting opportunity for a Payments Compliance Manager to join their team.
The successful candidate will provide compliance support for Payments ensuring that the Bank is aware of its ongoing compliance responsibilities and status and managing scheme compliance risks. They will act as a payments compliance champion to ensure the Bank is aware of changes by liaising with the schemes on a regular basis, representing the Bank at required scheme Committees and Working Groups and disseminating information amongst key bank stakeholders to assess required changes in policies, process, or systems in their areas and responding to scheme consultations and requests. In addition, they will also support where required annual scheme compliance certifications for LINK, Pay.UK and SWIFT, liaising with Payment Managers, 1LOD & 2LOD Risk, Internal Audit and other business stakeholders to consolidate, review and challenge evidence on behalf of the Payments team.
What You'll Be Responsible For:
· Leading engagement with the payment schemes as the primary payment compliance representative, co-ordinating other stakeholder input as required.
· Championing payment scheme compliance across all areas of the bank, ensuring that obligations and risks are fully understood and policy, process or system changes are identified and progressed and/or risks are captured within individual functions.
· Ensuring that an up to date repository of scheme documentation and rules is maintained and cascaded to relevant business stakeholders within Payments and the wider business, establishing and reviewing the required frameworks, operating models, contacts and RACI's to support its effective operation.
· Receiving and disseminating key information and updates received from payment schemes to business stakeholders within the Payments team and the wider business.
· Providing analysis and interpretation of scheme rules to assist business stakeholders in determining their compliance requirements and risk appetite, engaging with 1LOD & 2LOD risk and compliance teams as required.
· Support the submission of annual payment scheme compliance certifications on behalf of Payments, working with 1LOD & 2LOD Risk teams, Payment Managers and other business stakeholders to consolidate and challenge responses, provide assurance and assist in progressing through required governance for approvals.
· Maintaining required action plans and progressing actions to address known areas of non-compliance or weakness escalating issues and risks appropriately.
· Contributing to and writing reports for internal governance committees.
What You'll Bring:
· Previous payments and banking experience
· Card scheme or non-card payment/switching scheme compliance background.
· Experience in risk management and governance processes.
· Experience of directly/indirectly leading others.