Performance and Validation Engineer
A Performance and Validation Engineer is required to work on a twelve-month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Manufacturing client based in Peterborough.
Overview of the Performance and Validation Engineer contract roles
As a Performance/Validation engineer, you will report to our Platform Development Manager. You will have responsibility for conducting testing, development and sign off for the Electrification programmes under the direct responsibility of the Global Engine Development (GED) team.
You will work closely with the Product System Integration (PSI) engineering teams to define and deliver robust methods to achieve the Product and Technical Objectives (PO's/TO's) within the power system range. You will also work closely with the external test houses to ensure quality data is delivered to plan.
You will be accountable for process excellence, maintaining engineering best practices and documentation.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Conduct and/or direct power system performance and validation tests
- Conduct and/or direct tests (including Design of Experiments), checking data quality, test result integrity and repeatability.
- Data analysis across multiple Conformance, Performance and Validation test protocols
- Write requirements, procedures, and reports and formally present on test outcomes.
- Collaborate with global team (GED-NA) to drive global alignment and best practices
Key skills required for the Performance and Validation Engineer
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering curriculum
- Electrification test/development experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills (coaching, communication, teamwork)
- Excellent problem solver
- Self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
- Self-confidence and a 'passion for the product' are personal qualities needed to succeed in this high-pressure environment.
- Experience in power system level performance
- Experienced in the use of testbed software, calibration tools, and test data logging systems.
- Hands on engine testing, Battery testing and problem-solving experience
- Previous leadership experience (direct or in-direct)
- Project Management methods and processes
- Experience with Development through New Product Introduction (NPI) Process
If you are a Performance and Validation Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9196
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything