Outsource UK is working with a global organisation looking for a 100% remote PHP developer to join their growing team.
The PHP Developer will:
- Work as part of an Agile Scrum development team.
- Provide second level support for applications and websites.
- Producing high quality configuration across applications and websites.
- Collaborate with Testers and Product Owners on functional specifications for website / application configuration, interfaces & role design.
- Working with the functional owners of applications to ensure complex system changes are delivered and communicated to stakeholders.
- Work closely with Product Owners and key business and technical staff ensuring a consolidated approach to technical design across MMI's portfolio of projects.
- Work in alignment with our 3rd party development partners' development and deployment policies, including peer testing and ensuring high standards are maintained.
- Perform configuration & development changes and, where appropriate, collaborate with 3rd party developers to establish technical vision and future development efficiencies.
- Develop websites and applications while adhering to the requirements of our test strategy, scenarios, test scripts, and reporting processes.
- Participate in workshops with stakeholders to help the documentation and development of requirements including explaining limitations and opportunities from a technical perspective.
- Contribute to team brainstorms, campaign planning, etc., from a technical perspective.
- Support adherence to best practices across the software development lifecycle.
- Support Project Managers through each delivery.
- Produce and provide input into project and other reports.
Essential skills & experience required for this role:
- Web Development
- Agile delivery and associated tools (Scrum, Jira, Confluence) is desirable.
- CMS development / implementation
- Object-oriented PHP is essential.
- Laravel is desirable.
- Vue or similar, is desirable.
- CSS / SASS
- AWS is desirable.
- Responsive Design Techniques
- ODK and Jira is desirable.
- Comfortable with version control.
- Degree Level, preferably with Software Engineering or Computer Science subjects, and significant relevant experience.