OverviewThe individual in this role will manage the PM&C processes of a small project, or a part of a larger, more complex project, (such as a particular work package), or will support a Project Manager or Head of Project with aspects of managing PM&C on a larger project.
At this level the incumbent may lead a small team of professional staff (typically up to 5), being responsible for managing their delivery and performance and providing appraisal and support to their development.
They will have a level of experience in one or more areas of PM&C practice and be expected to be able to adapt and apply these practices in different circumstances, to develop these practices and to guide and instruct others in their applicationEssential Skills
- Application of related PM Competencies will be expected at this level.
- Roles typically require a University Degree, or a substantial amount of practical knowledge gained through experience.
- You will be expected have a PM Qualification such as the APM Project Management Qualification
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of PM&C policies, processes, procedures and systems.
- Comprehensive PM&C experience demonstrated in a professional capacity and the specialist skills to ensure procedures are followed with the ability to define the standards which the others will operate. Guides others in application of PM&C processes.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of their project.
- Comprehensive understanding of one or more PM&C tools techniques and practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Business environment for their project.
- Good knowledge and experience of PM governance and assurance processes such as Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBRs). Typically, an Assessor for LCM Reviews.
- Experience of influencing stakeholders both inside and outside the company.
- Comprehensive understanding of the wider PM&C environment, and of developments and practices in the field.
- Comprehensive understanding of own project/s, its markets, customers, strategic priorities and culture.
- Knowledge acquired through job related training and on the job experience with theoretical and practical skills.
- Experience of building relationships and negotiating outcomes with internal stakeholders.
- Gathers and analyses information. Supports development of solutions and of implementation approaches
- Able to perform advanced project reporting & scheduling.
- Able to undertake advanced problem solving typically based on previous experience.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of Business process and procedures.
- Administration and general office skills including spreadsheets/ Microsoft packages.
- Attend on the job training as appropriate.
- Able to lead the PM&C processes on a small project or a work package of a larger project.
- Able to manage the PM&C processes on a full project lifecycle to ensure that, over time, the needs of customers/users continue to be met and that financial and other benefits are achieved.
- Identify, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project. Applies appropriate PM&C methods and tools whether predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Agrees PM&C approach with stakeholders, and prepares realistic plans (including quality, risk and communications plans) and tracks activities against the project schedule, managing stakeholder involvement as appropriate.
- Consolidate expertise from multiple sources, including third party experts, to provide coherent advice to further organisational objectives. Supports and promotes the development and sharing of specialist knowledge within the organisation.
Please feel free to get in touch with Jack Parratt if you are interested in this role - 0161 694 9210 / JParratt@outsource-uk.co.uk