Platform Systems Engineer
A Platform Systems Engineer is required to work on a six-month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Filton.
Overview of the Platform Systems Engineer roles
Working under direction from the UK Mode 5 IFF Platform IPT Engineering Lead, this position is a hands-on role ensuring Technical input is delivered for assigned platforms:
- Applying your knowledge of systems engineering to undertake assigned activities, delivering to agreed performance targets, including cost and schedule.
- Working closely with engineering and other functions within the IPT to manage design changes and solve problems on complex systems.
- Working to ensure delivery of the technical solution for the allocated platforms ahead of schedule, to achieve IOC and FOC.
- Working with PDOs and their technical team to ensure Maturity Design Gate Reviews are held and achieved ahead of schedule.
- Working hands-on with guidance and support from Leonardo specialists to ensure that all engineering aspects are considered and assessed through Maturity Design Gate Reviews to ensure design integrity, including Systems Architecture (MODAF) Human Factors, System Design, Configuration Management, ILS, Security, Safety and Interoperability with other platform systems.
- Updating and maintaining all platform documentation for use with suppliers and delivering this to the customer, including the platforms' Verification and Validation Requirements Matrix (VVRM).
Key skills required for the Platform Systems Engineer
- A degree-level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Demonstrable experience of the systems engineering lifecycle, with particular focus on early lifecycle phases.
- Ability to produce clear and concise technical documentation.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, and the ability to interact with subject matter experts regarding a range of technical and operational topics.
- Ability to demonstrate and apply system-level thinking.
- A proven track record in schedule adherence and achieving high standards.
- Knowledge of new and existing Mode 5 IFF technologies and products.
- Willing to obtain SC-level security clearance. In addition, some roles may require clearance to access caveated information, such as UK Eyes Only and ITAR.
- Self-motivated with an aptitude to problem solving and ability to drive difficult issues to conclusion.
- Able to work with minimum direction/supervision on complex tasks.
- Confidence and ability to challenge/respond to technical/process issues.
- Previous experience of working with IFF systems.
- Worked with Regulatory Authorities such as QinetiQ Boscombe Down.
- Worked with DE&S customer teams.
- Previous experience in conducting End to End test planning and execution.
- Hands on experience with some of the software tools used on the programme, DOORS, System Architect, Teamcenter, SAP is preferred. Where this is not available, experience in similar toolsets with a good understanding of their capability is required.
If you are a Platform Systems Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9196
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything