PMO Analyst / Planner - MS Project
A PMO Analyst / Planner with MS Project is required to work on a twelve month contract with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Dorset
This is a contract within the Military Air Sector
Overview of the PMO Analyst / Planner contract role
The individual in this role will operate in the PMO for medium/large portfolio of projects. The role reports to the Project Control Manager DI & IM&T.
They will be responsible for Developing and maintaining MS Project schedules across the portfolio, monitoring and updating the status of the Project.
They would have a level of specialist knowledge in Planning, Monitoring & Control practice and are expected to be able to adapt and apply these practices in different circumstances, to develop these practices and to guide and instruct others in their application.
Your main responsibilities as a PMO Analyst will involve:
- Developing and tracking project schedules
- Reporting of project status to team members, leadership and external stakeholders
- Ensuring accurate data is available for the monthly performance reporting cycle
- Supporting the Tools implementation across the DI business
- Development of management reports and metrics
- Oversees the implementation of the appropriate project control processes and checks that they are operating accurately and effectively
- Engages with Customers (Account Managers, Senior PMs and cross Functional) and continuously improve how project control is applied
- Good understanding of the Business environment for Line of Business or project, its markets, customers, strategic priorities and culture
As part of the project team you will be expected to work closely with team members, and support the team and/or project leadership in daily activities.
Your skills and qualifications as a PMO Analyst / Planner:
- Planning and scheduling - particularly MSP 2016
- Working to quality standards and qualifications
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Communication, influencing and inter-personal skills
- Strategic planning, risk management and/or change management
- Project management techniques and tools
- What we're looking for in you:
- 'Can do' attitude; deliver on commitments within agreed budgets and timescales
- Strong leadership, decision making and delegation skills
- Flexible and adaptable team member
- Provide mentoring and identify training needs
- A focus on delivering a quality service
- Innovation, problem solving and able to drive improvement
- Taking responsibility for yourself and the team's success
- Occasional travel may be required
Ideally you have an honours degree or equivalent Project Management qualification, although relevant knowledge and experience may offset the qualification requirements. You will be required to obtain full Security Clearance.
The role is based in Christchurch, Dorset - commutable from Salisbury, Fordingbridge, Ringwood, Lymington, Ferndown, Bournemouth and Poole with excellent access from Southampton, Eastleigh and Winchester
If you are a PMO Analyst / Planner looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Paul Scott on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9198
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk