A PEMS Support Technician with PEMS and Lab based equipment is required to work on a twelve month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Engineering client based in Peterborough with travel to European sites 10 weeks a year.
This is a contract working for a leading company who Design and Manufacture Industrial Engines
Overview of the Portable Emissions Measurement Systems (PEMS) Support Technician
The primary focus of the role is to support the delivery of our In Service Monitoring (ISM) program providing technical support for our Portable Emissions Measurement Systems (PEMS) . This will include working at customer sites across Europe and at relatively short notice.
The successful candidate will be responsible for installation, set up, fault findings and repair of our fleet of SENSORS SEMTECH DS+ PEMS equipment. They will work closely with our PEMS Coordinator and PEMS Engineer to ensure successful delivery of approximately 10 ISM tests per year.
The secondary focus will be the delivery of planned maintenance and servicing of our onsite Emissions Measurement equipment which include Lab based Gaseous analysers and particulate measurement systems
Key skills required for the PEMS Support Technician
- Experienced maintainer of emissions measurement equipment
- Hands on fault finding and repair of measurement instrumentation (particularly PEMS)
- Focus on high standards of health and safety procedures at all times
- Competent with the creation of Risk Assessment/RAMS
- Previous experience of working at customer sites
- Must be able to travel up to 10 times per year within the EU, typically 1 week each trip
- Emissions instrumentation measurement techniques and working principles
- History of preparation, installation, set up and operation of Portable Emissions Measurement Systems (PEMS)
- SENSORS SEMTECH DS+ PEMS
- Compressed gases handling
- Full UK/EU driving licence
- Effective communicator
- Calm approach under pressure
- Problem solving
- Team focus
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction and procedures
Lab based Equipment Knowledge
- HORIBA MEXA7000/ONE or other motor exhaust gaseous analysers
- Sierra BG3 or other gravimetric particulate sampling systems
- AVL SESAM I60 or other FTIR
- HORIBA MEXA 2300SPCS or other solid particle counting systems
- AVL 415, 439 and 483
- Cambustion DMS500
The role is based in Peterborough with some travel to European Sites.
If you are a looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Paul Scott on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything