Power & Propulsion Systems Engineer
Based in Portsmouth a Power & Propulsion Systems Engineer is required on a 6 month contract basis to work for a major defence client.
This is an great opportunity to join a leading edge and exciting programme of work which does offer an excellent working environment.
The Power & Propulsion Systems Engineer will provide the Industry In Service Support Team input, which together with input from the MOD's Warship Approving Authority team, will perform the Design Authority for related power and propulsion system issues.
- Ensure the design integrity is maintained as it transitions from the build to the in service environment;
- Manage the efficient, timely and safe implementation of design change post AD, including update and upgrade activities;
- Contribute to the maintenance of configuration control
- Provide authoritative evidence to demonstrate that design intent has been achieved and ensure that the design change has been holistically integrated;
- Ensures that the Safety Case has integrity, is comprehensive, coherent and consistent.
- Collect and collates evidence for Naval Authority Certification submissions;
- Identify and propose opportunities for improvement of Platform design;
- Feedback on data quality and associated risk.
- Good understanding of industry and MoD design / safety management tools and processes
- Awareness and knowledge of Power & Propulsion.
- Detailed knowledge of the Engineering/ILS/Support industry
- Good awareness of the MOD engineering and project processes and procedures
- Sound understanding and experience of the defence maritime industry
- Broad understanding of matrix management in a complex operational environment
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk