Pricing Manager - Loans
Based remotely a Pricing Manager is required on a contract basis.
You will combine both outstanding analytical capabilities and strategic thinking to drive the long-term profitability of our credit products. You will be managing the pricing strategy across acquisitions and the existing customer portfolio to ensure alignment with the bank's strategic, commercial and customer objectives within the dynamic competitive market context. You will seek to optimise the utilisation of the board-approved risk appetite and drive a balanced risk and reward management within the portfolio. You will predominantly specialise in Personal Loans, but may need to cover other Banking products as required so maintaining a broad understanding across the range is an expectation of this role.
Candidates will need to work through an Umbrella Company for this role.
- Develop optimised pricing strategies across new and existing customers by assessing internal and external market / economic factors and collaborating closely within the broader product teams, Finance, Credit Risk, Operations and Marketing teams.
- Lead analyses of both performance and behavioural data to assess portfolio profitability and identify actions to improve portfolio performance; work closely with the Finance team to develop robust portfolio and product/proposition P&L models.
- Manage implementation of pricing changes for both acquisitions and the existing customer portfolio by working cross-functionally within the bank and third-party providers.
- Regular analyses of the market, competitors and pricing to manage product pricing and to inform/deliver specific business cases and initiatives to ensure continued product competitiveness within the bank's strategic objectives.
- Be a key contributor to the delivery of the P&L and delivery of Sales, Retention, Income, Cost & Contribution lines. In particular, deliver the income targets set out in the business plan.
- Working with the Commercial Manager own the interlock for Loans with all Stakeholders (Monthly, Quarterly & Reforecast), ensuring appropriate support is in place to deliver the plan & business objectives.
- Understand deeply, provide robust monitor, and drive optimal and profitable Channel performance to deliver and exceed plan. Identify areas of opportunity where we under-perform in the market and work with key stakeholders to build a plan to remedy.
- Deliver & optimise Profitability on new business (NPVs & RRRs), deliver the APR on new lending & retention & optimise of RBP. All within the bounds of an appropriate conduct environment with fair outcomes for customers
- Develop, Recommend, Present & Seek Approval for Pricing Initiatives.
- Embrace conduct, operational & regulatory risk management as key responsibility in role and drive for appropriate customer outcomes.
Skills and experience required:
- Extensive experience in financial services in product/commercial management, risk management, management information or customer analysis. Good knowledge and understanding of retail credit products.
- Need to be commercially minded, able to look at competitor pricing across Loans
- Knowledge of financial environment with excellent analytical skills - highly numerate
- Educated to degree level at minimum level 2:1 or relevant professional qualification.
- Demonstrate an ability to think and reason logically.
- Sales focused, results driven individual.
- Commercial acumen, with strong financial & return / value creation understanding.
- Proven track record of working on own initiative, with the ability to introduce fresh thinking to the role and the wider team.
- Well organised and able to prioritise multiple pressing priorities and work effectively under pressure.
- An innovative, creative approach to problem solving.
- Customer focused, with an ability to understand customer need and build compelling & profitable customer propositions.
- Exceptional relationship management skills with an ability to challenge and drive high performance from stakeholders.
- Excellent written communication - well developed report writing skills
- Exceptional communication skills - ability to communicate effectively with anyone in any environment, e.g. able to translate complex / technical issues to meet the audience's competency level
- Preferable to have experience of leading / managing a team
- Excellent organisational/project management skills
- Be visible to help to deliver a positive, inclusive culture where everyone can deliver to their full potential
If you would like to be considered for this role please click apply and Outsource UK will be in touch.