Principal Business Analyst- Innovation
Up to £90,000 per year
Purpose of Job
Outsource UK's leading financial services client are looking to hire a Principal BA,working as part of IT project delivery teams, the role nurtures a close relationship with business managers within the organisation to ensure that both project and long term strategic business objectives are clearly understood, documented and agreed.
This role will be responsible for leading the multi-team Business Analysis capabilities, and for overseeing the collection, analysis and documentation of business requirements in line with overall product vision and scope. This includes:
- Supporting Product Owners to produce and maintain product roadmaps; facilitating the breakdown of large, complex areas of process and functionality into usable incremental slices of value; bringing a focus on "putting the user first"; prioritising Programme wide Product Backlog, which feeds multiple development teams
- Coach and lead a team of BAs in activities to ensure backlog management within the team (and Product Owners); story writing, slicing and splitting; and agile planning (at sprint, increment, release and roadmap levels) .
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Advocate the business requirements and priorities to IT in order to influence the development of enterprise architectures. Represents the IT vision and requirements to the business to ensure the best possible outcome for the enterprise.
- Lead business analysis to design and gain acceptance for as-is and to-be business processes to produce sound solutions that meet business needs and supports the wider objectives of the Bank.
- Work closely with Solution Architects and relevant clients at all levels of the organisation to ensure appropriate solutions are proposed and agreed by all parties.
- Review test plans and monitors the testing process to ensure that business results are adequately tested.
- Assist Project Managers and/or act as project manager on initiatives as appropriate to deliver agreed work programmes.
- Coordinate project assessment supporting the production of business cases for investment projects necessary to secure project approval and funding.
- *Act as Project Managers for small to medium initiatives for items on the Demand Pipeline and ensure close collaboration with business owners on large scale projects.
- Represent business cases and facilitate demand through 'Demand Forums' with the business and within IT.
- Supports processes and practices for the Business Analysis practice curated by Insight & Innovation by creating standardised processes and templates to engage with the business.
Qualifications & Skills / Experience & Knowledge
- Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc
- Understand the fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- Strong knowledge of Agile methodologies, theory, rules and practices, like: Scrum, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, XP, etc.
- Solid experience knowledge of software development processes and procedures
- Experience of Agile techniques, such as, User Stories, Continuous Integration, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Ability to take and understand the commitment to deliver the product on time.
- Know about the value of metrics and incremental delivery
- Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
- Familiar with common development practices, Service oriented environments, and Agile practices
- Experience in successful application deliveries, system implementations / upgrades.
- Experience of delivering software in a formal regime using source control management and controlled gates with relevant artefacts to support design, quality and support.
- Experience of working in a mid-sized corporate environment, successfully aligning solutions appropriately with wider roadmaps, architecture and other initiatives
- Experience as a collaborative leader
- Ability to hold team members accountable via appropriate empowerment, set clear performance standards, resolve performance issues, keep team engaged and on task
- Demonstrable evidence of facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Evidence of building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on continuous improvement and problem solving.
- Experience managing teams and systems implementations across different technologies
- Experience working with financial services
For more information please contact Liam Fahey on 0161 694 9207 or email firstname.lastname@example.org