Principal Engineer - Electrical (Power)
A Principal Engineer - Electrical with power experience are required to work on a six month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Cumbria.
Overview of the Electrical Engineer contract role
The Dreadnought Power team sit firmly within the Stage 1 design organisation developing, integrating, analysing, reviewing and assuring the various systems required to support the operation of the Dreadnought Class Nuclear Submarines.
Generally work can be considered in 4 primary work streams with contingent labour leaning into one of these whilst supporting the other teams with their experience and expertise.
These streams in brief are:
- LV distribution including but not limited to 115V, 24V, 230v Distribution across primary, secondary and emergency systems.
- HV and switchboards including but not limited to 440V, Main Battery, Switchboards and Load Centres.
- Propulsion (Power) including but not limited to Turbo and Diesel Generators, Variable Speed Drives and Synchronising
- Power Systems Analysis including but not limited to Power Systems Modelling, Data Analysis and the complexities therein.
Key skills required for the Electrical Engineer Contract
- BEng (Hons) / MEng or equivalent
- CEng (or be able to satisfy requirements for CEng)
- Technical report writing skills.
- Demonstrable experience of engineering lifecycle.
- Knowledge and experience in defence standards whilst not essential would be an advantage.
- Understanding of at least one of the following areas: Power system modelling; generators; switchgear; protection; power electronics.
- In depth understanding of at least one of the following areas: Power system modelling; generators; switchgear; protection; power electronics.
The role is based in Barrow in Furness, Cumbria - commutable from Carnforth, Milnthorpe, Lancaster, Morecambe, Penrith, Workington, Whitehaven and The Lake District
If you are a Senior Electrical Power Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Engineering opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.