Principal Engineer - Explosion Safety (DSEAR)
A Principal Engineer with Explosion Safety and DSEAR experience is required to work on a 6-month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our defence client based in Barrow.
This is a six-month contract with a leading UK defence company.
Overview of the Principal Engineer - Explosion Safety (DSEAR) role
You will be providing support to the Engineering Manager during the development of strategies and risk assessments for the facilities and vessels. You will be working within our Control Damage Hazards (CDH) team who work with SHE and fire safety management and you will be primarily focused on DSEAR compliance activities. You will also have the opportunity to work with a wide range of stakeholders across the submarine projects as well as site redevelopment projects.
- Undertaking DSEAR assessments
- Taking a lead role in explosion safety compliance activities across a variety of projects to meet strategic explosion safety objectives
- Monitoring, recording and reporting against key performance indicators for explosion safety through a variety of key stakeholder groups
- Developing, producing and maintaining explosion safety process documentation and management strategies for site
- Producing and reviewing explosion strategies and risk assessments
- Reviewing and supporting Commissioning Strategies for explosion safety systems
- Reviewing of engineering documentation (relevant to explosion safety)
Key skills required for the Principal Engineer - Explosion Safety (DSEAR)
- Experience of working in an explosion safety engineering environment and applying various methods of hazard analysis
- DSEAR risk assessment experience gained from a high hazard industry and understanding of hazardous area classification
- Proven track record in implementing business processes to achieve strategic objectives
If you are a Principal Engineer with Explosion Safety and DSEAR experience looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9196.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything