Principal Engineer - Outfit
A Principal Engineer with Outfit experience within Shipbuilding is required to work on a 6-month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our defence client based in Scotstoun.
This is a six-month contract with a leading UK defence company.
Overview of the Principal Engineer - Outfit role
Your main responsibilities as a Principal Engineer - Outfit/Vessel Arrangements will involve:
- Developing the vessel General Arrangements along with the associated Compartment List and the Change Log that describes all changes that take place as the design evolves, essential to maintaining configuration control for the wider project team
- Ensuring all work is conducted in line with company quality and technical standards
- Leading and managing a team of 4 engineers, developing work scopes
- Preparing and supporting Design Reviews and Zonal Reviews and ensure the necessary evidence and documentation is in place
- Working with a team of designers and engineers allocated to systems within their responsibility and to progress the tasks identified in the related Statement of Works in accordance with the agreed schedules & budgets
- Producing progress reports for allocated work packages, ensuring that the agreed scope is delivered within budget and schedule, and that any additional scope is identified and costed / charged separately
- Managing the production of Layout Drawings for Outfit compartments for review by stakeholders
Key skills required for the Principal Engineer - Outfit
- Degree in Naval Architecture/Ship Design with knowledge and competence in Naval Ship outfitting
- A high degree of proficiency with the CAD tools in use particularly FORAN and 2D/3D AutoCAD
- Familiarity with implementing engineering change to the design of vessels including use of Product Lifecycle Management tools e.g. Windchill
- Ability to assess, check and approve calculations, sketches, tools and procedures produced by the team
- Design experience at various stages within the build lifecycle (concept to final delivery)
If you are a Principal Engineer with Outfit experience within Shipbuilding looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9196.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything