Principal Engineer - Product and Configuration Management
A Principal Engineer with Product and Configuration Management experience is required to work on a six-month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Scotstoun.
Overview of the Principal Engineer - Product and Configuration Management roles
- Lead in the overall co-ordination of the delivery of Type 26 CM Capability. Co-ordinate implementation of appropriate business rules and controls for each phase of the product lifecycle and ensure required level of reporting is delivered for Configuration Management,
- Support the effective implementation of Configuration Management plans and policies within Naval Ships,
- Ensure Type26 delivers its obligations under the Def-Stan 05-57 by supporting baeline establishment of FBL, ABL and PBL,
- Responsible for developing the Ship 1 respective baselines taking account of extant change and the evolved Ship2 Baseline,
- Working with the Whole-ship Change and Configuration teams to make a major contribution to a strategic view for configuration management on the project, specifically to determine an evolution path (e.g. identifying and incorporating IT developments from elsewhere), potential need for/benefit of future upgrades, changes in need of the user community etc.
Key skills required for the Principal Engineer - Product and Configuration Management
- Strong whole-of-ship product knowledge, ideally Type 26, across different disciplines including an understanding of the key interfaces between ship systems and sub-systems
- Strong knowledge, and ideally a user, of existing product change and configuration management processes
- Integrated bill of materials (iBoM) and change management in Windchill knowledge
- Have experience/knowledge of the key toolsets used across the project to implement Configuration/PLM particularly PTC's Windchill, SENER's FORAN and AVEVA ERM.
If you are a Principal Engineer with Product and Configuration Management experience looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9196
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything