Principal Engineer - Product Safety (Software /Systems)
A Principal Engineer with Product Safety within Software /Systems experience is required to work on a 12-month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our defence client based in Weymouth.
This is a twelve-month contract with a leading UK defence company.
Overview of the Principal Engineer - Product Safety (Software /Systems) role
To work within the CS&S Engineering Assurance Department, providing Product Safety management, design and analysis expertise in support of business objectives and products and services programmes. Reporting directly into the major Programme Assurance Leads
- Provision of technical advice to peers and junior members within the department on specialist Product Safety matters.
- To provide advice and recommendations to the CS&S Head of Assurance on Product Safety technical matters.
- Delivery of corporate and business Product Safety objectives within the department and the provision of specialist Product Safety advice to other business functions in the delivery of their corporate and business Product Safety objectives. This is in the context of the four principles of Product Safety - Accountability, Level of Safety, Conforming Product and Learning & Sharing
- Support the CS&S Head of Assurance and there designated Programme Leads at Product Safety related meetings.
- To provide assurance that the required levels of safety are delivered in our products & services throughout all phases of Life Cycle Management.
- Delivery of independent Product Safety assurance evidence through Life Cycle Management key hold points that products and services conform to their design intent. Includes assurance at the product, services, functional integration, and system levels.
- Leading audits on the Maritime - Submarines CS&S business for our Product Safety Management Systems.
Key skills required for the Principal Engineer - Product Safety (Software /Systems)
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of Product Safety delivery, including Safety Case production and Safety Management & Analysis activities, applied to maritime platforms or within comparable safety critical industries.
- SSMO/SEMT Qualified
- Understanding of Complex System design, Functional Safety, Functional interfaces, relationships and dependencies.
- Thorough knowledge of submarine design Product Safety policies, standards and processes (Inc. DSA 02, JSP 430, Def Stan 0055 & 0056, Def Stan 02-207)
If you are a Principal Engineer with Product Safety within Software /Systems experience looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9196.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything