The PSA Principal Engineer will be responsible for, or provide input to the following typical key deliverables, dependent on the role and the place the project is in the engineering lifecycle:
· Risk Management Accreditation Document Set (RMADS).
· Security Strategy and other accreditation documentation
· Captured and agreed technical requirements in accordance with company and programme processes.
· Compliant technical solutions against contractual requirements and regulations.
· Technical input and appropriate consideration of product security activities and issues for LCM deliverables and Design Reviews, including Sub-Contract Design Reviews.
· Captured and agreed input to appropriate Verification and Qualification Plans.
· Specialist advice and contribution to other project documentation, such as Training Needs Analysis (TNA), Technical Publications, Cyber Incident Plans and Operating Instructions (list is not exhaustive).
· Degree (or equivalent experience) in a relevant STEM subject or Information Security related.
· Holds NCSC CCP SIRA status (or able to achieve)
· Good understanding of information security principles and is able to advise on the potential impact to Product Systems.
· Experience of Product Security Engineering activities in the defence, maritime or closely linked domain.
· Knowledge of security related activities required to support the engineering lifecycle with experience of operating in the phase relevant to the role.
· Proven experience of assessing and managing information risk in line with industry good practice.
· Proven experience of applying Product Security/Information Security concepts to applicable technologies within the environment (or similar).
· Supports and contributes to information security professional bodies and industry forums.
· Is a member of a professional institute
· Can demonstrate continuous improvement, professional development and awareness of current industry good practice.
ROLE INSIDE IR35