Principal Engineer - Safety & Environmental Engi neering (Product Environmental)
A Principal Engineer - Safety & Environmental Engineer is required to work on a nine month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Cumbria.
Overview of the Safety & Environmental Engineering contract role
The Principal Engineer - Product Environmental shall provide support to the Engineering Delivery Manager in the development, delivery and maintenance of the Project Product Environmental Management System and Product Environmental Case to ensure that the Product Environmental impact is reduced to an acceptable level
The Principal Engineer (Product Environmental) shall:
- Lead Product Environmental impact and risk identification, management and assessment activities.
- Provide Product Environmental engineering advice to the wider business community.
- Oversee the administration and management of the Environmental Impact and Risk register.
- Influence the construction and delivery of the Project Environmental Case including Environmental Case reports.
- Develop, implement and maintain the Environmental Management System.
- Produce and manage Project Environmental Management Plans.
- Deliver training to the Product Safety and Product Environmental domains and the wider community.
- Support the production of training material to support training delivery.
- Lead engagement with internal and external customers, ensuring that their requirements are fully considered and adequately supported where appropriate and agreed.
- Produce, present and articulate clear and logical environmental arguments.
- Complete peer reviews, checking, verification and assurance tasks to demonstrate the adequacy and robustness of the Environmental Case and supporting documentation.
The role is based in Barrow in Furness, Cumbria - commutable from Carnforth, Milnthorpe, Lancaster, Morecambe, Penrith, Workington, Whitehaven and The Lake District
If you are looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Defence opportunities please contact Kris Foston on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.