Principal Engineer - Secondary Propulsion
A Principal Engineer for Secondary Propulsion is required to work on a contract (with the possibility of extension) for our defence client based in Cumbria.
This is a contract with a leading UK defence company.
Overview of the Principal Engineer - Secondary Propulsion contract role
To coordinate and execute engineering tasks, or packages of work, and to provide guidance and advice in a consistent professional manner within the discipline, taking cognisance of appropriate budget, timescale and quality standards, providing leadership where required.
- To undertake the full range of propulsion fluid system design analysis and/or support the development and production of major propulsion equipment through collaborative working with suppliers
- To author system design documentation including, but not limited to, design descriptions, safety documentation, test and commissioning specifications and design verifications.
- To author equipment technical specifications within area of responsibility
- To review documentation, calculations and analyses in accordance with Company processes and procedures.
- To liaise and communicate with client/customer within areas of responsibility
- Review supplier deliverables and design documentation
- To prepare documentation for, and present at design reviews
- To support the procurement and equipment acceptance process within areas of responsibility and represent the engineering function at supplier reviews and other events
- To formally review and check analyses and documentation in accordance with Company process
Key skills required for the Principal Engineer - Secondary Propulsion
- Degree level in relevant engineering or science subject.
- Chartered status preferred
- Extensive experience in steam plant and/or machinery design and development or fluid system design
The role is based in Barrow in Furness, Cumbria - commutable from Carnforth, Milnthorpe, Lancaster, Morecambe, Penrith, Workington, Whitehaven and The Lake District.
If you are a Principal Engineer with Propulsion and CFD experience looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9196.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).