Principal Mechanical Engineer - £50 per hour
Based in Barrow in Furness a Mechanical Engineer is required on a 6 month contract basis with a leading UK defence company.
- Working within the Platform Mechanical Team, on the auxiliary/supporting systems, in one of the Domestics, Survival, Air and Gas, Atmosphere Control, Hydraulics, Cooling or Diesel Generator teams.
- Engineers are required to develop and mature the system and equipment design across a range of systems, completing calculations, supporting equipment development, resolving design and build issues, preparing design justification documents and working with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven Mechanical Engineer with experience of the engineering lifecycle.
- Highly organised and have the ability to work well in a high pressured role.
- Excellent work ethic, committed, enthusiastic and driven to succeed.
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline, preferably Chartered Engineer.
- As a Principal engineer a range of experience is anticipated ideally in system and equipment design, experience in naval ship systems would be an advantage .
- Engineers with experience in nuclear / offshore / oil and gas will also be considered.
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane on 0161 694 9191 for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).