Principal Mechanical Engineer - Support Engineer (In - Service)
A Principal Mechanical Engineer with Submarine experience is required to work on a twelve month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Bristol.
This is a 12 month contract with a leading UK defence business.
Overview of the Principal Mechanical Engineer - Support Engineer (In - Service)
You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of our programmes and projects, helping us to design, develop, integrate, manage and support complex systems and sub-systems for in service and future submarines. You will work within a team of engineers and technical specialists to understand and influence the inputs, flow of decisions and dependencies that will impact system design and product delivery.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day identification and appropriate resolution of technical issues throughout the product lifecycle, helping us to support our submarines that play a critical role in our nation's defence.
Key skills required for the Principal Engineer - Support Engineer (In - Service)
- Qualified to degree level or higher in an engineering or closely related discipline, or an equivalent level of competence.
- Capable of working towards professional registration (CEng) through a recognised engineering institution such as the IET or IMechE.
- Knowledge and understanding of Royal Navy Submarine operation (ideally the Astute Class at Whole Boat and Major System level).
- Understanding of Enterprise Change Requests and Design Change Management Processes.
- Knowledge of Computer Aided Design package, for example Solidworks or CADDS
- Knowledge of the engineering lifecycle with some experience of operating in the phase relevant to the role
- Knowledge or at least recognition of relevant engineering standards, including safety and environmental regulations
The role is based in Bristol - commutable from Gloucester, Cheltenham, Tewkesbury, Worcester, Cirencester, Swindon, Devizes, Trowbridge, Bath, Taunton, Bridgwater, Weston-Super-Mare, Newport and Cardiff
If you are looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Engineering opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.