Principal Procurement Engineer
A Principal Procurement Engineer with Supplier Development experience is required to work on a thirteen month contract with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Dorset
Overview of the Principal Procurement contract role
Would you enjoy supporting the management and development suppliers for cutting edge technology projects to our client' military customers?
If this grabs your attention, how would you also like to work in a global business that is committed to making the workplace agile and flexible so that it meets the diverse needs of our internal and external customers? A place where high standards of work are expected?
We have a role for a Procurement Principal Professional at our client' Christchurch, Dorset site.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with Procurement and Supply Chain team members, cross-functional stakeholders (e.g. representatives from Quality, Project Management, Engineering and Finance) and suppliers to ensure the timely implementation of Procurement processes relating to the selection, evaluation and approval of new suppliers, and reassessment of existing suppliers.
- Use of very good business acumen, external environment analysis, supplier intelligence and vulnerability assessments to make risk-based recommendations on the suitability of suppliers for the line of business.
- Operate within our governance framework. Ensure the requirements of our quality standard is met and supplier approval decisions can stand the scrutiny of internal and external audit.
- Provide advice on relevant Procurement policies to non-Procurement staff making the case for the added value of these processes
- Implementation of supplier management and development techniques, taking responsibility to address instances of under-performance both internally and externally to the line of business.
- Participation in cross-functional site assessments of suppliers, identifying potential risks and opportunities for improvement, and following up on actions.
- Identification, monitoring and support to mitigation of supplier risks and opportunities, such as responsible trading, financial insolvency, cyber security, business continuity and product safety competence of suppliers.
Key skills required for the Principal Procurement Engineer
What we are looking for in you:
- A broad and in-depth professional knowledge and understanding of Procurement or Supply Chain principles, techniques and practices.
- Knowledge of UK Defence Sector and its supply chain (recognise key players in market).
- Experience within the Defence environment and / or a similar Procurement / Supplier Development role.
- Experience in use of SAP or similar ERP systems.
- Degree educated or CIPS qualification desirable.
The role is based in Christchurch, Dorset - commutable from Salisbury, Fordingbridge, Ringwood, Lymington, Ferndown, Bournemouth and Poole with excellent access from Southampton, Eastleigh and Winchester
If you are a Principal Procurement Professioanl looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9198
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).