Principal Programme User Experience Lead
2-year fixed term contract (FTC)
£62560 basic salary (tax free)
Purpose of Job
The Principal, User Experience Lead is responsible for the definition and promotion of all aspects of User Experience and Design as part of the IT delivery and management of new and existing products and services to staff. This involves the creation and continued development of a unified User Interface system and the introduction of new practices in how we approach User Experience Design, working with delivery teams to assist us to establish an enterprise level User Experience Practice and consistent approach across a portfolio of projects and services and design systems.
The role involves overseeing the delivery of UX designs as part of project delivery, providing direction to visual designers and researchers to ensure coherence across multiple teams, using Agile delivery principles in the support of complex and dynamic business requirements. It will require close and collaborative working with application developers, business analysts, product owners, product managers and business stakeholders, to ensure design solutions support business needs and align with product visions and workable solutions.
It will require the ability to build rapport and demonstrate value with product owners and the business through communication and engagement, and gain a deep understanding of the Bank's users and their experiences within the business, whilst helping create and embed a culture of user-centric design across the company.
Qualifications & Skills / Experience & Knowledge
- 8+ years of experience of working in Digital Design
- Expert knowledge of a range of UX and design methods and deliverables (e.g. Wire-framing/Prototyping, UX/UI Design)
- A proven track-record of implementing UX process within Agile environments with quick and iterative methods.
- Extensive knowledge of UX/UI industry standard tools, e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Abstract, Figma, Miro, Invision
- Deep understanding of typography, colour, layout and motion design principles
- Strong domain knowledge of different digital platforms (iOS/Android, Windows/Mac)
- Comfortable working within a fast paced, creative, and rapidly changing environment
- Run research-based workshop sessions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial attitude, focused, detail-oriented and able to work efficiently to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously, but also a good team player.
- Ability to interface with business stakeholders across all levels using clear language
- Strong interpersonal skills and client oriented
- Degree / professional qualification or equivalent work experience
For full details on this role please contact Paul Ellis at Outsource UK
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website.
Outsource - taking care of everything