Specialist Engineer: Applies depth and breadth of expertise relating to an engineering domain (a sub set of a discipline) to complex engineering problems, challenges issues and problems associated with the area. Designs and develops solutions, resolves engineering issues and problems for a range of situations relating to their specialist knowledge area. Provides technical guidance to others relating to area of expertise.Functional Knowledge
- Requires detailed and comprehensive understanding of concepts and principals relating to an area within an engineering discipline.
- Has significant experience and able to apply knowledge to a wide range of engineering issues within own discipline and other engineering disciplines.
- Requires an understanding of how activities of own teams interrelates and interacts with other functional areas aligned to the same discipline and project.
- Understands in detail the technical specification aligned to the functional area of activity. Requires a limited understanding of the external environment.
- Provides advice and guidance to others within the same team or same discipline area.
- Recognised by others as a source of authoritative knowledge and is sought out for advice & mentoring.
- Performs analysis, evaluation and resolution of complex engineering issues and specifications.
- Developing innovative and creative solutions to challenging engineering problems and issues.
Has an impact on the activities and effectiveness of developments associated with own team and engineering solution.Requires strong communication, diplomacy and interpersonal skills. Typically communication will be internally focused but may include limited communication and interface with external contacts and customers. Is required to influence, guide and convince others to adopt a particular course of action
The majority of the following credentials apply:* Assists in the production of estimates, creates and/or assists in the production of design requirement specifications* Develops, promotes and shares new technologies for implementation across businesses and programme(s)* Acts as Engineering, technical or design authority for a sub-system or Line* Replaceable Unit (LRU)* Provides technical leadership and guidance on matters relating to a discipline, may occasionally lead a team of engineers including line management responsibility* Works independently or as part of a small team* A highly experienced professional engineer, has a depth and breadth of knowledge in a discipline area* CEng level or equivalent level of capability
Please feel free to get in touch with Jack Parratt if you are interested in this role - 0161 694 9210 / JParratt@outsource-uk.co.uk