Principal Software Delivery Team Lead
Up to £95,000 per annum
Purpose of Job
The Principal, Team Lead is responsible for the support, maintenance and development services for all applications, systems and services that their team supports for the
other IT experts, users and managers to address operational challenges, respond to evolving business needs and ensuring that strategic goals are met.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Manages and administrates the development programme to ensure that functional system changes/fixes, enhancements and developments are sound, support the operational priorities and are conducted according to the client and Application and Integration team's procedures
- Works with the business to proactively identify and manage their backlog of queries, defects, issues, enhancements, upgrades and projects.
- Assists the Associate Director, to define the strategic direction of the function in order to drive forward change and to best support strategic objectives
- Advises Project Steering Committees and run User groups ensuring stakeholders and sponsors are kept up to date
- Directly accountable for the engagement and effective overall management of staff including recruitment, compensation (as agreed with the Head of Department, if applicable), performance management, coaching and development.
- Ensure that the ongoing internal controls are completed satisfactorily and evidence retained. All audit points will be remediated within agreed timescales.
- Deputises for the Associate Director, as required to ensure the smooth running of the team.
Qualifications & Skills / Experience & Knowledge
- Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc
- Understand the fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- Strong knowledge of Agile methodologies, theory, rules and practices, like: Scrum, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, XP, etc.
- Solid experience knowledge of software development processes and procedures
- Experience of Agile techniques, such as, User Stories, Continuous Integration, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Ability to take and understand the commitment to deliver the product on time.
- Know about the value of metrics and incremental delivery
- Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
- Familiar with common development practices, Service oriented environments, and Agile practices
- Experience in successful application deliveries, system implementations / upgrades.
- Experience of delivering software in a formal regime using source control management and controlled gates with relevant artefacts to support design, quality and support.
- Experience of working in a mid-sized corporate environment, successfully aligning solutions appropriately with wider roadmaps, architecture and other initiatives
- Experience as a collaborative leader
- Ability to hold team members accountable via appropriate empowerment, set clear performance standards, resolve performance issues, keep team engaged and on task
- Demonstrable evidence of facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Evidence of building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on continuous improvement and problem solving.
- Experience managing teams and systems implementations across different technologies
- Experience working with financial services
For more information please contact Liam Fahey on 0161 694 9207 or email firstname.lastname@example.org