Principal Supply Chain Manager - Supplier Development
Based in Barrow a Principal Supply Chain Manager is required on a 6 month contract basis to work for a major defence client.
This is an great opportunity to join a leading edge and exciting programme of work which does offer an excellent working environment.
- Act as a deputy as required for the Head of Supply Chain and act as Mentor / Coach to others within the Supply Chain function to facilitate a best practice learning environment.
- Ensure the Supply Chain Function utilises the best commercial practices and established processes for beneficial management of major subcontracts.
- Support the results of internal and external audits to ensure any non-compliance are dealt with expediently.
- Review functional monthly audit results for process adherence and improvement recommendations from the Governance team.
- Ensure the function has the ability to interpret and report financial data that is presented to the Board.
- Ensure that any cost savings or cost avoidance through negotiations are captured and reported.
- Based on defined Supply Chain strategy provide clear objectives into the function.
- Ensure that the processes in place to manage suppliers and record their performance are understood by the function.
- Ensure the function is adhering to the processes in place as standard practice with effective process ownership within the teams.
- Challenge and support any improvement suggestions.
- Manage and control all associated labour and material budgets, working in consultation with key stakeholders.
- Ensure that an atmosphere of openness for Supply Chain teams to freely discuss any ethical concerns they may come across is in place, that managers are supportive and utilising the ethical process as appropriate.
- Maintain regular reviews of internal & external performance metrics to achieve the business objectives.
- MCIPS or equivalent level relevant, professional qualification.
- Ideally come from a Defence Industry background.
- Experience in Supply Chain management and major subcontracts.
- Management, leadership and business executive skills.
- Capable of working in a volatile environment with the ability to root cause and resolve areas of uncertainty within the business.
- Broad base of skills and experience at a senior level including Project Management, product awareness, commercial acumen, engineering acumen, financial awareness and effective influencing skills.
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk