PRINCIPAL SUPPORT ENGINEER
Type: Contract Rate: £44 p/h Duration: 12 months Location: Barrow-in-Furness
A Principal Engineer (Support Engineering) is required to work on a twelve month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Barrow.
The TS&AA Principal Engineer will deliver a proactive and agile technical response service to the Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA), Royal Navy (RN) and other Submarine Enterprise partners to assist the delivery of operationally available submarines.
- Provide specialist knowledge in responding to engineering queries raised by the MOD customer or Submarine Enterprise partners relating to the design, safety, maintenance and operation of the equipment and systems installed in, in service Submarine platforms.
- Provide Authoritative Advice, in accordance with the extant governance processes, for Astute-Class equipment in response to engineering queries raised by the MOD Design Authority.
- Provide extant design information in the form of technical publications and drawings from sources where MOD or Enterprise Partners do not have access.
- Liaise with MOD to raise Task Approval Forms (TAFs) for tasking not covered under core contracts.
- Provide support to the MOD customer for the management of Operational Defects (OPDEFs) raised by Submarine platforms.
- Provide support to the MOD customer during Astute Class submarine Incidents, liaising with the Barrow shipyard, furnishing specialist advice as required.
- Provide support to the MOD during non-office hours in response to urgent OPDEFs.
- Provide support across the In-Service Engineering functional areas, including Safety, Design Change, Training and Learning from Experience (LfE).
- Provide support to the appropriate Engineering and Support Managers in the preparation of briefs and reports for both internal and external reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of Royal Navy submarine operating profiles.
- Knowledge of MOD Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S) and Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA) processes.
- Knowledge of the complete engineering lifecycle with some experience of operating in a number of phases.
- Have a strong awareness of Product Safety & Environmental policies and SHE.
- Good communication skills and be able to interact with the MOD, RN and other Enterprise stakeholders.
If you are a Principal Engineer in defence looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other defence engineering opportunities please contact Paul Ellis on 0161 694 9203 / email@example.com
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We are one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years, we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website.
Outsource - taking care of everything