Process Development Engineer - Engineering, Manufacturing, Submarine
Based in Barrow a Process Development Engineer is required on a 6 month contract basis for a major defence client.
This is an great opportunity to join a leading edge and exciting programme of work which does offer an excellent working environment.
In support to a new development programme you'll be required to perform the following tasks:
- Assist/lead in the development, continuous improvement and roll out of processes, procedures and standards ensuring all interfaces with other areas are identified and embedded.
- Assist/lead in embedding agreed performance indicators/metrics for monitoring the effectiveness of processes.
- Assist/lead in the implementation of agreed Plans for the development of processes.
- Generate Compliance cross-reference/process maps which demonstrate how processes comply with requirements.
- Utilise best practice methodologies, process framework models and processes e.g. Systems Engineering methodologies.
- Ensure that processes comply with legal and contractual requirements.
- Carry out internal validation/verification activities to ensure that requirements have been met and the expected outcome is delivered.
- Facilitate process development/mapping activities and workshops.
- Assist/lead in investigation/development activities within own function (e.g. value mapping) to continually improve working practices and procedures.
- Relevant qualification or equivalent experience (HNC /Foundation Degree/ Engineering Degree)
- Demonstrated business knowledge in Submarine Solutions or relevant manufacturing and engineering
- Experience of working in a development function
- Knowledge of Engineering or Submarines business processes
- Stakeholder Management, Basic Leadership and Problem Solving/Analysis experience
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).