A Process Engineer is required to work on a 5-month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our defence client based in Glascoed.
This is a five-month contract with a leading UK defence company.
Overview of the Process Engineer role
The role is responsible for the development of manufacturing processes from concept through to commissioning and qualification. Applicants must be able to demonstrate a proven capability in developing manufacturing processes including system integration. The successful applicant will be the first point of contact for process queries within the team.
- Plan and manage manufacturing process development activities within capital budgets, whilst providing solutions and processes that are robust, timely, and cost effective which meet with customer expectations.
- To coordinate development activities to establish supporting data that ensures the manufacturing processes are based on a sound understanding of the materials which are being processed and the technology adopted for the plant and equipment.
- To coordinate and manage a project data file capturing salient data including design and rationale, trials data, process definition including drawings and specifications, certification and safety data. This data is to be controlled through the company's Product Lifecycle Management system, Teamcenter.
- Work with other engineering personnel and other functions to develop a network of capable suppliers to satisfy the business needs.
- To develop robust manufacturing processes implementing industry standard controls to ensure long term process stability, including but not limited to the following: Lean principles, PCPs, PFMEAs, PLC monitoring with Built In Test and Visual Management Systems.
Key skills required for the Process Engineer
- Minimum HNC/HND Mechanical, Manufacturing, Chemical or equivalent
- A good understanding of project/risk management and the ability to use associated tools and techniques.
- MUST be from a Manufacturing environment
- Formal training in Programmable Logic Control (PLC)
- Competent in the use of computers including Microsoft Office
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of materials processing
- Experience an demonstrated knowledge in manufacturing in a high hazard environment
- IOSH Managing Safety/NEBOSH Certificate
- Green Belt Six Sigma
If you are a Process Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9196.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).