A Procurement Leader experience is required to work on a twelve-month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our defence client based in Newcastle.
This is a 12-month contract with a leading UK defence company.
Overview of Procurement Leader contract role
Your responsibilities will include:
Lead the developing & maintenance procedures, systems & processes and contribute to the setting of strategies, ownership of procurement planning, procurement methodologies & management of personal objectives. Oversee and lead Subcontracting / Outsourcing activities for key assigned areas to ensure continuity of supply at the optimum cost
- Managing contractual opportunity & risk to ensure delivery of common business & functional objectives.
- Ongoing cost analysis and robust project / contract management during all phases.
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks and ownership of the final account process.
- Interpret and understand legislation relative to the purchased product / service.
- Where applicable, lead and/or influence complex multi-party or multi-national contracting arrangements and assimilate implications to the business.
- Creation of site measure and re-measure methodologies and supervision of on-site activities. Allocating work to subcontractors and valuing completed work and arranging payments.
- Carryout coherence reviews of ITT and Contract Documentation including scope & demarcation documents.
Key skills required for the Procurement Leader
- Procurement Leader / Manager exp
- Must have optimum costing experience within Subcontracting and Outsourcing activities
- Defence experience would be an advantage but not essential
If you are a Procurement Leader looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9196.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything