- Provision of a high quality Procurement service to the designated area of the business through:
- Proactive and sustained engagement in bids, tenders and contracts within the designated area, including
- close and collaborative working with Commercial / Project Management
- Responsible for management of supplier sourcing & selection process for a given requirement
- Lead negotiations and 'close deals' with supplier representatives within the designated area of the business for all contractual agreements e.g. Sub-Contracts, Licence, Confidentiality Agreements and provide proactive procurement management thereof
- Ensure application of governance to all Procurement activities as appropriate.
- Create & issue sub-contracts / purchase orders in support of delivering the project requirements
- Develop Supplier relationships to increase competitiveness and mitigate risk.
- Requires broad knowledge of Procurement & Supplier management
- Sub-contract creation - including terms & conditions in defence environment
- Good business, market and competitor knowledge in order to contribute to strategy formulation and growth
- Credible track record in negotiation and delivery of sub-contracts
- Experience in similar role would be advantageous
- Raising Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Export Control in Defence environment Experience in use of SAP or similar
- Experience of using MRP/ERP systems, and online tools.
- Experience of carrying basic risk assessments and mitigation of risk in a procurement and supply chain environment.
- Experience of Procurement Metrics analysis and reporting
Personal Qualities and Qualifications
- Minimum of three years in a Procurement and Supply Chain environment
- Experience of Supplier Relationships and management.
- Ability to organise workload and time management skills essential.
- Ideally with a minimum of Level 4 CIPS qualification but not essential.
- Must be able to use initiative whilst recognising the constraints of risk management.
- Excellent communication & problem solving skills
- Creative and willing to contribute to group workshops and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Willing to travel to, and/or work from alternative sites.
CONTRACT INSIDE IR35