A Procurement Officer are required to work on a three-month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Yeovil.
Overview of the Procurement Officer contract roles
Provision of a high-quality Procurement service to the designated area of the business through:
- Proactive and sustained engagement in bids, tenders and contracts within the designated area, including close and collaborative working with Commercial / Project Management
- Responsible for management of supplier sourcing & selection process for a given requirement
- Lead negotiations and 'close deals' with supplier representatives within the designated area of the business for all contractual agreements e.g. Sub-Contracts, Licence, Confidentiality Agreements and provide proactive procurement management thereof
- Ensure application of governance to all Procurement activities as appropriate.
- Create & issue sub-contracts / purchase orders in support of delivering the project requirements
- Develop Supplier relationships to increase competitiveness and mitigate risk.
Key skills required for the Procurement Officer
- Minimum of three years in a Procurement and Supply Chain environment
- Experience of Supplier Relationships and management.
- Ability to organise workload and time management skills essential.
- Ideally with a minimum of Level 4 CIPS qualification but not essential.
If you are a Procurement Officer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9196
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything