Product Development Engineer
A Product Development Engineer is required to work on a six month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in South Wales.
This is a 6 month contract with a leading UK defence business.
Overview of the Product Development Engineer contract role
Our defence client currently has vacancies for Product Development Engineers/Project Engineers to be involved with the design and development of Artillery, Mortar, Medium Calibre and Warhead products at their site in South Wales.
As a Project Engineer, you will be involved in all levels of the product lifecycle; concepts, development, testing, qualification, production and in service support. This position will be primarily based in Glascoed, Monmouthshire, however, occasional travel to other manufacturing and test and evaluation sites will be necessary.
Key skills required for the Product Development Engineer
- Degree or (HNC) in a technically-based discipline (mechanical or chemical).
- 5 Years development experience in the Engineering industry
- Experience in Product design and/or test and evaluation
- Experience in Process design and/or optimisation.
- Ability to work in a team and to work independently when required.
- Experience of product design analysis techniques (Pugh, DFMEA, FTA)
- Experience of process design analysis techniques (PCP, PFMEA)
- Capable of producing high quality technical reports.
- Understanding of statistical analysis.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and models
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively with all areas of the organisation, e.g. those from a technical / non-technical and those from an assurance / delivery background.
- Knowledge of munitions design and manufacture
- Familiarity with the Life Cycle Management (LCM) process
- A working knowledge of Systems Engineering and Engineering design
- Understanding of project management and the ability to use associated tools and techniques
- Working knowledge of Risk Management
The role is based in South Wales - commutable from Abergavenny, Ebbw Vale, Merthyr Tydfil, Aberdare, Pontypridd, Newport, Caldicot, Usk, Chepstow, Monmouth, Cwmbran, Blackwood, Pontypool and Abertillery with excellent access from Hereford, Ross-on-Wye, Cheltenham, Gloucester
If you are a Product Development Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Development Engineering opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.