Product Development Engineer
A Product Development Engineer is required to work on a six month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in South Wales. However hybrid working is an option.
This is a 6 month contract with a leading UK defence business.
Overview of the Product Development Engineer contract role
As a Product Development Engineer, you will be responsible for technical aspects of your respective programmes covering new product development, evolution of legacy products and supporting the manufacture of in-service products. Projects will cover all phases of a product's lifecycle: concepts, development, testing, qualification, production and in service support. You will work with a team of engineers to deliver a variety of project goals, depending on project size and complexity.
Key skills required for the Product Development Engineer
- Minimum HNC in a Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) discipline
- 5 Years product development experience in the Engineering industry
- Available for immediate start
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate a proven capability in development projects, in particular system integration
- Proven ability to take ownership, prioritise and deliver product Engineering tasks within development projects to ensure completion within agreed timescales and to required standard
- Ability to produce high quality technical reports
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and strong IT skills
- A good understanding of project/risk management and the ability to use associated tools and techniques
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and models
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) discipline
- Knowledge of munition design and manufacture is an advantage, although not essential as training will be given
- Familiarity with the Life Cycle Management (LCM) process
- A working knowledge of Systems Engineering and Engineering design
- Working knowledge of Risk Management
- Awareness of relevant manufacturing technologies and processes
The role is based in South Wales - commutable from Abergavenny, Ebbw Vale, Merthyr Tydfil, Aberdare, Pontypridd, Newport, Caldicot, Usk, Chepstow, Monmouth, Cwmbran, Blackwood, Pontypool and Abertillery with excellent access from Hereford, Ross-on-Wye, Cheltenham, Gloucester
If you are a Product Development Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Development Engineering opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.