Location: Tamworth, UK
Objective: To plan components and material though the manufacturing facility, ensuring that delivery dates are created and achieved to give OTIF delivery to the customer.
Outsource UK's client manufacture specialist brake & disc components for Motorsport, Military & OEM customers. This role will be based at their Tamworth site.
The client is currently very busy & the planner will need to be very dynamic & have experience of solutioning capacity constraints.
Key Responsibilities: -
- Co-ordinate all aspects of production schedule to enable manufacturing to achieve production targets.
- Liaise with in house transport for delivery and collection of sub contract operations.
- Cooperate with suppliers for delivery of material and any lead lime changes to re plan the production schedule accordingly
- Working with the production schedule co-ordinate production work flow through each area to gain best advantage of customer delivery and revenue return.
- Communicate potential issues before they arise and inform management.
- Produce paper work to allow the production of parts and ensure drawings etc are supplied to machine shop. This includes parts being returned from sub contract for more operations.
- Monitor the business system data and identify issues requiring attention such as late slow moving or errors.
- Support machine shop in achieving ROTIF and OTIF KPI's.
- Support stock taking activities with count sheets and data entry.
- Comply with business policies and procedures.
- Cooperate with all other areas as when required.
- Control Waste stream management organising collections and deliveries and subsequent paperwork to ensure adherence to environmental requirements.
Additional Working Hours
- Longer hours may be required during busy periods.
The Candidate: -
- Will have worked in a similar role within an inventory management environment.
- Able to understand & maintain the materials management system, ensuring that transactions are identified and that their status is accurate and up to date.
- To be production focused where availability and supply is essential.
- Experience of planning & managing demand streams, should be able to work under pressure and be able to react and adjust to the daily changing conditions typical in a dynamic business.
- Excellent people skills, combined with strong communication and organisation skills, are required to work effectively across business functions, communicating with departments & ensuring service levels are on a right-first-time basis.
- Must have the ability and confidence to stop processes if quality standards are not met, or if the safety of themselves or other people is in doubt.
- Will have worked in automotive, aerospace or military industry previously.
For more information please contact Liam Fahey on 0161 694 9207 or email email@example.com