Programme/Project/Portfolio Leader/Manager (Support Contracts Lead)
A Programme/Project/Portfolio Leader/Manager with Change/Procurement Programmes experience is required to work on a six-month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our defence client based in Portsmouth.
This is a 6-month contract with a leading UK defence company.
Overview of Programme/Project/Portfolio Leader/Manager (Support Contracts Lead) role
The successful candidate will have direct responsibility for leading the Support Contracts business stream, worth around £15M per year. The support business seeks to deliver reliable, efficient and high quality boats servicing, repair and Post Design Services (PDS) for vessels in service with MOD and other customers. It services over 300 boats per year of varying classes (all 18 metres or less) and annually delivers a further 50 PDS projects of varying sizes. Responsible for leading Support Contracts team within the Boats Sector. Responsible for setting and executing strategy and project plans, optimise the organisational structure and interfaces with other parts of the business, ensure all projects are delivered to time, cost and quality and within governance. Responsible for challenging the norm and driving Continuous Improvement. Assist business winning and grow the Support Contract base with profitable work.
- Transform business delivery through culture, process and organisational changes
- Ensure contract is appropriately planned
- Support Contracts resource management - Full responsibility for the management of resources for the delivery of the Support contract requirements, including all line management responsibilities delivered through the subordinate hierarchy, performance management, talent management, mitigating risks associated with critical skills and critical roles, staff engagement and recruitment as required
- Ensure project delivery, profitability and within LCM governance
- Integrate with relevant parts of the wider business
- Manage risks and opportunities across the contracts
- Manage contractual business review processes
Key skills required for the Programme/Project/Portfolio Leader/Manager (Support Contracts Lead)
- Qualified to Degree standard or equivalent
- Programme management experience demonstrated through delivery of a significant business or project.
- Process improvement experience demonstrated through experience of change programmes
- Business Winning experience and a deep understanding of business winning behaviours, processes, procedures and industry best practice.
- Experience in leading, managing and delivering strategically important and high value campaigns/captures.
If you are a Programme/Project/Portfolio Leader/Manager with Change/Procurement Programmes experience looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9196.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything