A Project Administrator is required to work on a twelve month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Glasgow.
Overview of the Project Admin contract role
Will report to Project Director, Operational Improvement and support him/her along with at least two other team members (HR Director and Head of Finance) All are working on a specific project which underpins the "Strengthen and Adapt the Sector" strategic action, for Maritime and Land UK
The post holder is likely to take a major role in coordinating the project activities with internal customers, including taking personal responsibility for the monitoring and liaison with specified stakeholders. This post requires considerable clerical experience and the ability to quickly build a comprehensive knowledge of the relevant policies and procedures.
The role has a home base of Scotstoun but almost full time working from home should be expected during COVID
Key skills required for the Project Admin
- Will need to be able to confidently liaise with robust and sometimes awkward contacts
- Works with minimal amount of supervision - work outputs are to a quality standard and produced in a timely manner
- Work subject to standard procedures and accuracy/attention to detail is required
- Once procedures fully understood, the role holder must be confident in solutionising from these procedures.
- Makes straightforward judgements by analysing information and selecting appropriate solution.
- Takes a broad perspective to problems and spots new, less obvious solutions
- The role holder needs to understand the roles of the team members and a wide range of stakeholders to help carry out their role effectively
- Basic knowledge of the Company, its structure and procedures must be developed quickly
The role is based in Glasgow - Commutable from Kilmarnock, Paisley, Greenock, Stirling and Falkirk with excellent access from Edinburgh
If you are a Project Administrator looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Engineering opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything