Role Name: Project Buyer
Hiring Basis: 6 month Contract
Rates / Salary: £19 PAYE or £24 p/h Umbrella
Outsource UK's global engineering client are currently recruiting for a Senior Buyer / Project Buyer with Project Management experience initially on a 6-month contract to work within a busy Supply Chain Team in Clevedon.
Developing strong and robust supply chains supporting the operation, ensuring close working relationships with all internal customers. Providing a collaborative environment to drive the business is essential to continued growth. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who will meet important Procurement milestones.
- Creating and implementing a supply chain strategy across an allocated commodity which supports the business needs on cost, quality, on-time delivery and new product introduction.
- Actively collaborating with supplier portfolio's, supporting the requirements of the Clevedon facility on lead time reduction, mitigating risk to seeking ways to continuously improve.
- Manage allocated NPI and A&D projects to meet customer specification.
- Achieve cost reduction targets.
- Identifying outsourcing opportunities where there is cost / efficiency savings compared to in-house manufacture.
- Providing support to the Operational Buying Team as required.
- Able to deal with customers, external and internal to a high standard.
- Complying with confidentiality & data protection, safeguarding Edwards Ltd. and the Supply Chain.
- Good with verbal and written communication skills.
- Experienced with sourcing for New Product Introduction, A & D, resourcing, outsourcing and Continuous Improvement Projects..
The successful candidate will have:-
- A good level of technical experience within a manufacturing environment.
- A good understanding of how to optimise the supply base adding strength, responsiveness and flexibility to core suppliers.
- Extensive experience in a Procurement function supporting a busy manufacturing environment.
- Experience of evaluating outsourcing projects and value engineering / value added projects.
- A good level of computer literate skills.
- The skill to manage time as effectively as possible, constantly reassessing priorities throughout the day.
- A knowledge of SAP, which is desirable.
- A thorough understanding of 'Request for Price' tendering.
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to analyse supply chain situations as they arise, confident to analyse and interpret data to provide sound strategic thinking.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- An organised and methodical approach to working.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- A teamwork mindset.
If you'd like to discuss the role in more detail you can contact our recruitment partner Outsource UK for more information. Contact Liam Fahey on 0161 694 9207 or email LFahey@outsource-uk.co.uk.