Project Manager/Engineer - Barrow - Defence
Based in Barrow a Project Engineer is required on a 12 month contract basis to work for a major defence client.
This is an great opportunity to join a leading edge and exciting programme of work which does offer an excellent working environment.
You'll be required to carry out a full range of activities in support of project management, given responsibility for aspects of a project and facilitating the effective delivery of projects/programmes.
- Contribute to the development of project definitions.
- Support the development of project plans.
- Prepare analyses and collate data (including determining the availability of resources) to support the effective development of more detailed plans.
- Gather data, update project plans and generate project progress reports on behalf of the project manager.
- Monitor, within defined frameworks and in assigned areas, activities carried out on projects/programmes to support their effective delivery.
- Maintain project documentation. Identify and expedite actions to respond to issues and deviations from the contract.
- Deputising for the Project Leader as required.
- Assist Control Account Managers in the Project Planning and Control Processes.
- Proven Project Management tools and techniques.
- HNC / Certificate in Project Management or equivalent level of qualification.
- Submarines business processes and ideally come from a defence background.
- You will also be required to build relationships with stakeholders so strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Highly organised and have the ability to work well in a high pressured role.
- Excellent work ethic, committed, enthusiastic and driven to succeed.
- LCM Awareness/ Assessor
- Specialist Professional Qualification/ Risk Certificate Level 1
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).