Project Engineering Manager
A Project Engineering Manager preferably with Electronic Warfare or Communication Technology experience is required to work on an 8-Months contract (with the possibility of extension) for our defence client based in Basildon.
This is an eight month contract with a leading UK defence company.
Overview of the Project Engineering Manager role
Reporting to the Head of Engineering Project, the Project Engineering Manager will contribute to the monthly engineering governance cycle through preparation of engineering status reports. Project Engineering Managers build strong relationships with Engineering Functional Leads to ensure the resourcing plans for their projects are realistic and any issues arising are resolved swiftly. Project Engineering Managers are a vital part of business winning activity, coordinating the collection of engineering costs, preparation of an engineering plan and holding an engineering bid review.
- The Project Engineering Managers is responsible for the management of multi-disciplined engineering teams. Working closely with project managers, they are responsible for delivery of the overall engineering output on time, cost and performance budgets.
- The Project Engineering Managers is responsible for generating strong engineering plans, establishing key milestones and identifying risks, opportunities and interdependencies.
- The Project Engineering Managers is responsible for reviewing the current engineering position within a project, and adapting plans as required, to mitigate risks to either cost, schedule or performance budgets.
- The Project Engineering Managers is responsible for preparation and communication of monthly engineering status reports for each of their assigned projects.
Key skills required for the Project Engineering Manager
- Educated to a degree level in an engineering-related subject (essential)
- Previous experience of managing and/or leading multi-disciplined engineering teams (essential)
- Strong understanding and proven track record of following engineering lifecycles and processes (essential)
- A strong understanding and experience of Electronic Warfare and communication technology (desirable)
- Experience of working within the defence industry (desirable)
If you are a Project Engineering Manager preferably with Electronic Warfare or Communication Technology experience looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9196.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything