Project Engineer/Project Support - Materials
A Project Engineer/ Project Support Professional is required to work on a 12 month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Cumbria.
This is a 12 month contract with a leading UK defence business.
Overview of the PMO Support contract role
The ability to carry out a full range of activities in support of project management, given responsibility for aspects of a project and facilitating the effective delivery of projects/programmes.
- Support bid and tendering processes, gathering and compiling data.
- Contribute to the development of project definitions. Support the development of project plans.
- Prepare analyses and collate data (including determining the availability of resources) to support the effective development of more detailed plans.
- Gather data, update project plans and generate project progress reports on behalf of the project manager.
- Monitor, within defined frameworks and in assigned areas, activities carried out on projects/programmes to support their effective delivery.
- Maintain project documentation. Identify and expedite actions to respond to issues and deviations from the contract.
- Support the resolution of problems and issues to facilitate development of timely and effective solutions.
- Deputising for the Project Leader as required.
- Assist Control Account Managers in the Project Planning and Control Processes.
- Identify and expedite actions to respond to issues and deviations from project plans.
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders to meet their requirements, and lead in swift resolution of major issues.
- Support the Risk & opportunity Management processes.
Key skills required for the PMO Support contract
- HNC / Certificate in Project Management or equivalent level of qualification
- LCM Awareness/ Assessor
- Specialist Professional Qualification
The role is based in Barrow in Furness, Cumbria - commutable from Carnforth, Milnthorpe, Lancaster, Morecambe, Penrith, Workington, Whitehaven and The Lake District
If you are a Project Professional looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Project opportunities please contact Kris Foston on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk