Job DescriptionWould you enjoy a role where you are part of a team who manage our complex national and international projects within the Air Sector? We currently have a number of vacancies for Project Managers in our Europe and International business
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for planning, managing and delivering assigned projects to meet customer and business requirements. These roles are part of the Europe and International business within the Air Sector, which has a long and proud heritage in the development, manufacture, upgrade and support of world-leading combat aircraft. This business operates across the globe supporting our Customers with a broad range of products (including Eurofighter Typhoon and Tornado) and support, maintenance and training services.
- The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role. The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Developing, maintaining and managing key relationships with suppliers, customers and other stakeholders to ensure all deliverables are achieved and that issues are effectively addressed, and to facilitate effective and profitable business development
- Leading, controlling and monitoring projects so that they are delivered to agreed time, cost and quality requirements, regularly reviewing and reporting on progress against plan and where necessary, intervening to resolve issues which threaten delivery to plan
- Ensuring that all aspects of the projects are fully defined to ensure customer requirements are achieved in accordance with all business and commercial criteria
- Proactively manage emerging risks and opportunities to the benefit of the project/programme
- Supporting bid and tendering processes to ensure bids meet customer needs, in line with business & commercial criteria that all risks are assessed effectively, and that bids are realistic and winnable
- Develop accurate estimates in support of bids, annual budgets or cost to completion, and analyse project performance information
The IndividualYou will have strong communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships. You will have hands on experience influencing multiple stakeholders and interacting confidently with senior management. You will be able to balance sometimes conflicting priorities and respond to tight timescales whilst keeping all stakeholders engaged, you will be able to show high level of self-motivation and flexibility, with the ability to operate independently of direct management.
- Proven experience managing all aspects of complex projects including time, cost and quality
- Experience working within Microsoft toolsets including Microsoft project, Excel
- Demonstrated experience using project management methodologies including waterfall and Earned Value Management
- Working as part of an integrated multi-function project team
- A formal project management qualification or hands on experience (e.g. APMP, PMQ, PMP or Prince 2)