Outsource UK are currently seeking a Project Manager for a 12 month contract based in Peterborough for a large manufacturing company. This role can be based remotely but when necessary candidates will be required to travel to clients site for meetings with stakeholders.
Candidates will be required to work through Umbrella or PAYE.
JOB PURPOSE: To lead the coordination, communication, and execution of a portfolio of critical sourcing projects to ensure the projects are delivered on time, to cost and quality. Key deliverable is also to develop relationships with internal and external supplier stakeholders in order to motivate and drive the project forward. Ensuring timely reports are produced to communicate project progress and potential issues to the key stakeholders for resolution.
- Management and accountability for assigned portfolio of projects
- Monitoring project progress and performance to ensure projects are delivered as scoped
- Providing regular stakeholder reporting - both tactical and to Senior Leadership
- Proven risk management experience
- Provide leadership for cost reduction, sourcing, logistics and resource management.
- Collaboration at business meetings with partners
- Escalation of potential issues to Senior stakeholders and adoption of their guidance
- Maintains program level issues/action logs, risk registers, scope change requests/logs, program schedules, and program cost tracking.
- Expertise in Project/Program Management tools & processes, including project/portfolio resource and cost management. Experience in creation & maintenance of multi-disciplinary project plans is essential.
- Facilitate projects, lead chartering sessions, develop/validate network diagrams, and lead integration and compression sessions with internal and external teams.
- Critical relationship building and alignment with Global Category Buyers and Regional Category Teams
- Extensive experience in project management
- Must have very strong leadership and interpersonal skills including excellent communication skills
- Previously working for an Engineering/Manufacturing Company is highly desirable.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of project management software (MS Project experience essential) MS Office (Excel/Word/PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Web Publishing tools. Will also require knowledge of other software tools such as project accounting systems.
- Good Excel skills are vital (complex formulas, linking multiple worksheets, pivot tables, graphs).
- Knowledge of AGILE based approach to Project Management duties is highly desirable
- Project resource loading/portfolio resource management and project/portfolio cost management experience is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of company policies and processes, and company products and customers is highly desirable
- Previous experience of managing global and regional suppliers
If you would like to be considered for this position please click 'Apply' and Outsource UK will be in touch.