Project Manager & Process Optimisation
A Project Manager with experience in Pan-Business Improvement Projects - combining Program and Enterprise interests is required to work on a six month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Farnborough but currently home working due to Covid.
Overview of the PM contract role
Experienced Senior contract head required to support Global Chief Procurement Officer (CPO) in Project Management & Process Value Stream Mapping in direct support of activities with the Procurement Function. Procurement experience not mandatory.
- As part of a wider corporate project around efficiency and effectiveness, the Procurement Function (Plc. BU Scope) are reviewing and identifying opportunities for core activity optimisation (e.g. removal of duplication, establishing centres of excellence etc).
- A dedicated resource is required to support the following:
- Project Coordination: General project planning and coordination of functional inputs to the wider corporate project - establishing the drum beat within the function and driving actions to completion.
- Process optimisation/Value Stream mapping: Review of in scope activities through a value stream lens to validate thinking of future way of working (local, Centre of Excellence, Transactional service etc).
- This role does not need to be a Procurement professional - knowledge of Procurement would be good, but absolutely more important is Pan-Business Improvement Projects - combining Program and Enterprise interests.
- This role will not have direct authority and will therefore need strong collaboration skills.
The role is based in Farnborough, Hampshire commutable from Aldershot, Farnham, Wokingham, Bracknell, Chertsey, Weybridge, Woking, Guildford, Farnham, Winchester, Basingstoke and Reading with excellent access from Surrey and Berkshire
If you are a PM looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Defence opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website
Outsource - taking care of everything