A Project Professional is required to work on a 6 month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Blackburn.
This is a 6-month contract with a leading UK defence business.
A Project controller role within the Fast Jet support Organisation, this role will be responsible for the Project Control of multiple contracts within a Shared Service CAM area, reporting directly to the Project Control team lead. They will have responsibility for a number of contracts and sub services, and will be expected to support the PM delivery teams and the contract teams as required.
The role will include the controlling cost & performance against a baseline, including the management of CAM schedules and support to Business and Customer reporting requirements within Fast Jet Support.
The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role. The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Provide project control support to the PM delivery team on the relevant contracts on a day to day basis, with a consolidated view of the contract monthly and quarterly.
- Be the single point of contact for the contract team for any inputs / outputs and ad-hoc queries on a day to day basis, with a consolidated view of the contract on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Report into the Project control team leader to give an integrated view of contracts.
- Support monthly spend reviews with the factories for specific contracts to ensure financial control is robust on all contracts.
- Financial Control: Management of Financial Baseline Change control through Project Control System with quarterly restatements through CSR process with the support of the factory project control, but ensuring all completed in a timely manner.
- Performance Management: completion of packs for cost and ops meetings monthly and quarterly with the KPI/PI measures defined across all Customer Contracts, and monthly resilience reporting of business health (i.e. spend variance, TM1 status, resource status etc. with support from the project controllers.)
- Risk and Opportunity Management: monthly meetings and updates to the relevant databases, support to contract meetings and updates provided to PMs
- Support to the CSR: Update to the CSR quarterly in support of the PMs, providing them with a consolidated view of labour and non-labour, risk and opportunity, collaboration sessions and market stalls with the contract teams, support to DSUM and WSUM meetings as required, support to the factory project controllers as required, inputs dependent on timely inputs from the factories. Synthesising complex cost data and bringing it to a level suitable for exec briefings to ensure messages are available for CSR meetings.
- Scheduling: Update to the monthly schedules as required
The role is based in Lancashire - commutable from Preston, Blackpool, Chorley, Leyland, Blackburn, Darwen, Burnley, Skipton, Stockport, Manchester, Warrington, Wigan, Bolton, Bury, Rochdale and Oldham with excellent access from Liverpool, Lancaster and Leeds
If you are a Project Professional looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Engineering opportunities please contact Kris Foston on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.