Quality Assurance Engineer
Two Quality Assurance Engineers are required to work on a twelve month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Cumbria.
Overview of the QA contract role
Predominantly working on the M777 program and reporting to the IPT Lead.
Responsible for managing the day-to-day quality activities and ensuring that agreed targets are met. Analyse product and process non-conformances, carry out root cause analysis where appropriate and recommend preventative actions including but not limited to modifications to processes, products or implementation of new standards where warranted.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide full and effective support, in assigned areas of Quality activity within a designated
- IPT, to the business and projects.
- Manage Non Conformance reports to completion by chairing Material Review Board and Engineering Review meetings. Liaising with all relevant stakeholders to ensure timely closure of NCR/ Concession.
- Use your knowledge and experience to facilitate root cause analysis and recommendation of corrective action.
- Conduct 90 day verification audits, including validating that preventative actions are in place and robust.
- Analyse data and identify trends, recommend and ensure that corrective actions are implemented and maintained.
- Manage and take responsibility for all quality related activities without daily supervision.
- To be able to access, have a clear understanding of and apply the Quality Management
- System documentation e.g. Policy, Process, Procedure, Work Instruction, applicable to your particular work scope.
- Work with customers to determine their requirements and expectations and to ensure that these are delivered satisfactorily. Communicate internationally between differing time zones and cultures.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge and application of Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People (SQCDP) through effective communications.
- Develop, maintain and manage key relationships in the business both internally and externally.
- Experience working with complex Titanium and Aluminium structures.
- Experience using Teamcentre, SAP & SharePoint.
The role is based in Barrow in Furness, Cumbria - commutable from Carnforth, Milnthorpe, Lancaster, Morecambe, Penrith, Workington, Whitehaven and The Lake District
If you are a Quality Assurance Enginee looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Defence opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk